Tuesday, February 27, 2018

For King and Country Concert

I did it! I finally went to a For King and Country concert. I've liked King and Country since their song, "Fix My Eyes" came out when I was in graduate school. It became my fight song as I started my internship for counseling. Later, after my dear brother bought me the CD, "It's Not Over Yet," became especially special. My roommate was playing it the night I came home after making a call for emergency assistance. I heard it on the radio after I made the final decision to let the deal on a house I wanted to buy fall through. I've watched videos of King and Country performing and gotten a little jealous of friends on Facebook who posted about seeing them in person. So in the spirit of the #bucketlistproject, I decided I needed to find a way to see them in concert.

I asked a few friends if they wanted to go see King and Country, but none seemed that interested. When Dad offered to go with me, I jumped on the opportunity to have an extra long date with him, and benefit from him driving the hour and a half to the concert venue. (Driving is not my favorite activity in life.)

 Here we are before leaving for the concert.

Dad was excited to see Matthew West at The RoadShow, but most of this trip was a sacrifice for me. He shortcut his Sunday nap for me. He parked at the garage I wanted, not the one he wanted. He walked with me from the parking garage to the venue instead of taking the shuttle.

He took a photo with me by The Road Show backdrop.

He sat with me in our "nosebleed seats," (which turned out to be pretty good, in my opinion). The tickets were only $10, and the GCU arena of 7,000 was sold out, so I'm glad we got seats period.

 He took a selfie with me.

The concert line-up was great, a little too great in my opinion. There were too many good artists before King and Country, which was the reason for my trip, and I kind of just wanted them to hurry up. But alas. They did not.

 The evening started with Bethel Music, which set the stage for worshipping Jesus, not just seeing a performance (ahem, six performances).


Next came Zack Williams,


We had intermission, followed by Matthew West and Social Club Misfits. Then came For King and Country. It was quite the production,

complete with shadow screens!


The set opened with "Run Wild," followed by "To The Dreamers." Then came, Fix My Eyes," "Not Over Yet," and a song from their new album (to be released), "Choose Joy." They were singing "Shoulders" at 10 pm (the concert started at 6 pm!) when we decided to walk out and head home.

It was an exhausting night, but worth it! I so enjoyed seeing and hearing (though the decibel levels could have been much lower) King and Country in person. And now I've crossed off one more item from my bucket list. (Big shout out to Dad for facilitating!)

What items have you crossed off your bucket list lately, friends? Please share in the comments section.






1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you were able to take some time for yourself and enjoy something off your bucket list!

    ReplyDelete