Wednesday, April 22, 2020

And Then There's the Rainbow.


As I look at the April calendar and cross off each day, I note the dearth of activities. The events I've crossed out. The mind-numbing way the days have run together. And then I see the photo above the days. The rainbow over the canyon. The sign of God's promise. A sign of lessons learned. A sign of waiting. A sign of hope that there is a better tomorrow. 

The days of waiting and struggle aren't over yet, but surely some good is coming from them. There is much less traffic on the way to work. (Yes, I still go to work, because I work in an essential field.) The world is quieter. There is less pollution.

We got invited into a small group at church. Friends have made more of an effort to connect. I've had to recognize again and again how weak I am and how much I need God's grace, and then the grace of others. I've had to ask my husband for a lot more help, and he has gladly given it.

There's nothing really to do on weekends, so I've been resting more. All my races were cancelled or postponed, so I took a break from running. There aren't all the foods I want at the grocery store, so I've been forced to cook more creatively.

I wouldn't (and didn't) choose this time. I have certainly felt a lot of sadness and grief. I may feel a lot more. There are so many cancelled plans already, and maybe more to come. But then there's the rainbow. 

God is still working. God is still teaching. God is still acting. May we look in awe toward Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment