Monday, July 6, 2020

Four.

I don't have a whole lot to add to what I wrote last year, but my return to Arizona date is still worth celebrating, because in so many ways, it was a homecoming for me. Were it not for moving home, I wouldn't have marriage, or a renewed relationship with my parents, or a greater sense of myself and who I am, or the experience of moving, of another job change, or of the ups and downs of home ownership. I am thankful for it all.

The desert has always been my home. There's just something about it: The extreme temperature swings. The strength of the sunshine. The cacti. The people I love. The brave, yet brash culture. It just overall fits me. 


Wherever I may roam, Arizona is my home, and for now, I am thankful that it is my actual physical location, too.

2 comments:

  1. I often refer to myself as a desert rat! I don't know that I could live anywhere else that doesn't have dry heat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm feeling the humidity today. It's crazy how adjusted we are to the dry heat!

      Delete