Friday, August 7, 2020

Staycation: Quarantine Style

We were going to go on a vacation. Then we were going to go on a road trip. Then our state experienced a COVID-19 resurgence, and we decided to stay home. Staycation it was. And since our staycation was due to the pandemic, and my husband was technically under quarantine, we did it quarantine style.

Exercise:


Some at home fitness via Fitness Blender


A socially distanced hike


Some running

Eats:


The viral dalgona coffee




Beans (on salad)



Enjoyment:


Lying around: currently reading Eat Up by Ruby Tandoh

Watching Psych

Playing Scrabble

Pool time


Tie-dye

I am so grateful that I have been able to continue working through the pandemic, but honestly, there were times when I felt like I was "missing out." Now I've experienced most of the trends and feel content. And really, I needed some rest, and I needed a break. Our staycation provided both, and I am thankful.

2 comments:

  1. I had that same feeling! But I too had to stay home for quarantine due to a COVID exposure incident. If I wasn't so stressed about missing work at a critical time, I would have enjoyed the TV much more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you were exposed. Stay safe out there!

      Delete