Monday, August 30, 2021

The Latest in Healthy Treats

 I am not going to jump on the "sugar is bad" train. It is good, at least it tastes good. Not always does it make me feel, good, though. Therefore, I like to keep some naturally sweet, and/or less sweet treats on hand for when I want something fun to eat, but maybe not something that will bring on a crash afterward. These snacks fit the bill!

Peanut butter protein balls (Natalie's Health)

No bake, and chock full of healthy ingredients! I substituted honey for the maple syrup, but otherwise made the recipe as is.

Protein cookie dough (Eating Bird Food)

I changed this one up a bit, using unflavored protein powder plus 2 t vanilla, substituting peanut butter for almond butter, omitting coconut sugar, and using regular chocolate chips. Not super sweet, but I cut it into rectangles after refrigerating and it was kind of like less sweet chocolate chip cookie dough Lara bars.

3 ingredient banana oatmeal cookies (Bucket List Tummy)

Whir two bananas and 1/4 c peanut butter in the blender. (I thawed some frozen bananas, drained them of the liquid, and used the Magic Bullet for blending.) Add to 1 1/2 cups of oatmeal. Form into balls. Squish and bake at 350 for 11-14 minutes. Simple, easy, and surprisingly satisfying!

--

What are your favorite not too sweet treats? 

Please share in the comments section!

2 comments:

  1. These look yummy! I love making yogurt bowls with cooked frozen fruit like peaches (caramelization sweetens them!) or homemade no sugar pudding or homemade no sugar lemon curd :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum! I am all about frozen fruit, especially when it is hot out. Have you ever tried mixing peanut butter and chocolate chips into yogurt bowls? Or avocado banana chocolate pudding? Those are other favorites of mine along the lines of what you shared.

      Delete