Thursday, January 12, 2023

Crocheted Bible "Sweater"




Reading your Bible a lot can lead to wear and tear. For this reason, I have always liked using a Bible cover. My parents gave me a nice cover for my current Bible, but I was curious if I could also crochet one. I searched for a few patterns, and then found one that I altered.




Basically, I crocheted a long rectangle and then slip stitched the corners together to make flaps into which I could tuck the Bible covers. I then slip stitched the edges in between to make it look even.

Not perfect, but it will cover the Bible. I think the color blocking I did makes the cover look like a sweater, hence calling it a Bible "Sweater." I used my size J Boye ergonomic crochet hook again. I followed the book cover pattern at Me 'N My Hook, but since I used a J hook, my gauge was much larger. (This worked to my advantage, since I was covering a fairly large study Bible. I used Red Heart saffron yarn, and some random red yarn my husband had. (He knits with it!) All in all, I think I am satisfied with this project. (If anyone needs a Bible cover, comment below. I can probably perfect this pattern and whip out a few more fairly quickly.

Here's to reading our Bibles more, and if needed, covering them to protect and preserve their contents for future use!

No comments:

Post a Comment