Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Real Life Marriage: A Really Special Day

Weekend birthdays really are the best! This birthday was especially special because my husband had the day off work and got to spend the day with me.  This is a real life marriage post because it explores what my husband did for me, and why it mattered, but also flat out, just a husband appreciation post, and I am okay with that.

Ways my husband made my birthday special:

1) He greeted me with a, “Happy birthday” in the morning. Words matter to me, and these words showed me that he knew what day it was and why it was important, which made me feel important.

2) He tended to simple tasks, like pouring water for our breakfast, which made the morning more one of ease for me.

3) He cleaned the house before 11 am. This is normally mostly my job, and it bothers me until it's done. He did all of it.

4) He did chores I really dislike (like compost, garbage, and recycles) quickly and efficiently.

5) He gave me handcrafted gifts (that I am super excited to use)!

6) He chauffeured me to all the places I wanted to go (because I really dislike driving, especially in the city).

7) He let me take a nice, long nap (even though I could have been doing other "productive things," or spending time with him.

8) He helped me open my birthday packages (which is hard for me with my focal dystonia, plus I just had an injection).

9) He went to a community event with me (even though he was not super interested in it).

10) He took sunset photos with me (not his favorite, but important to me).

--

My husband pretty much loved me in all the languages (words of appreciation, acts of service, physical touch, quality time, and gifts). But you know what meant the most to me? That cleaning the house piece. It really set the stage for me to have a restful, free-feeling day, and it really was the best! God really did give me the best husband for me, a husband who recognizes things like this, and cares for me accordingly. I am so thankful, for my husband, and for such a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment