Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Taking Time

Sharing my husband is hard. I am not sure I will ever find it easy. There are times when I find it easier, though, times when I can let him go with sadness, but less angst, and definitely not bitterness and resentment. When are those times? Times when I feel like we are in a good place. Times when I feel like he has prioritized our time before giving away his time. Times when we took time together before the big event.

Why do I feel better about letting my husband go when we have had time together first? Because I feel "full." I feel secure. I feel like I can let go without losing. Other times, when our time together has been scarce, I feel so panicky and possessive, not my finer points.

So what is my solution to when I know I need to share my husband? Spend quality time with my husband before the event. Make time. Take time. Sure, sometimes I have to share him without advance notice (eg in the case of emergency), but when there's a social event, I can plan ahead. And really, I should always be working to keep our relationship "overfull," so that we always have something to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment