Saturday, January 13, 2024

What I Used/What I Used Up (Week 2)

It's Use It Up Week Two!

What I Used of My Meal Plan-

Breakfasts:

Blueberry protein doughnuts (Fit Foodie Finds)

Instant Pot hard-boiled eggs (Omnivore's Cookbook)

Super simple granola 

Fluffy pancakes (All Recipes)

Lunches:

Big-batch Instant Pot white beans (Epicurious)

Carrot and romaine salads with shredded chicken, salsa, and 
Italian buttermilk dressing  
(The Best 50 Salad Dressings)

Lentil stew with butternut squash (Good Housekeeping Family Italian Cookbook)

Southwestern black bean, quinoa, and mango salad (Skinny Taste)

Tuna-macaroni salad (Betty Crocker)

Dinners:

Chicken and kale soup (Good Housekeeping Family Italian Cookbook)

Florentine frittata (Good Housekeeping Family Italian Cookbook) and sweet potato sage biscuits (Rise and Run)

Beef ragu with minted penne (Good Housekeeping Family Italian Cookbook

Pasta e fagioli with sausage (Good Housekeeping Family Italian Cookbook

Snacks:

Bananas

Double chocolate banana bread (Handle the Heat)

Gingerbread pumpkin muffins (Chicago Jogger)

Hot chocolate

Low-fat pumpkin oatmeal chocolate chip muffins (Ambitious Kitchen)

Peanuts

Single serve baked oatmeal and oatmeal mug cakes

What I Used Up--

Freezer:

Chicken broth
Chopped jalapenos
Green beans
Hamburger

Fridge:

Chicken broth
Kale (bought and used entire bag)

Pantry:

Baking soda
Fire roasted diced tomatoes
Pumpkin pie spice
White wine vinegar
Whole tomatoes

What went bad:

1/4 c Greek yogurt (only about 1/4 cup, but still frustrating!)

What I Replaced:

Baking soda
Chicken broth
Green beans
Pumpkin pie spice

What I Replenished Before I Ran Out:

Baking powder (hard to find an off brand, so when I did, I bought it!)
Butter
Coffee
Eggs
Lettuce
Milk (I never want to really run out, because that can mean an emergency grocery store trip)
Oats
Parmesan/Romano cheese 
Peanuts
Powdered milk

What I Overbought and Now Need to Use Up:

Great Northern beans
Italian flat leaf parsley (unintentionally bought instead of cilantro)
Mint leaves
Potatoes
Salad pasta
Whole wheat penne

What I Prepped for Next Week:

Carrot and romaine salads with shredded chicken, salsa, and Italian buttermilk dressing  (The Best 50 Salad Dressings)

Flourless peanut butter protein brownies (Fit Foodie Finds)

Instant Pot hard-boiled eggs (Omnivore's Cookbook)

Protein scotcheroos (Fit Foodie Finds)

Whole wheat bread (Sally’s Baking Addiction)

(Did I really need all these snacks? No. But Fit Foodie Finds has a protein dessert series going, and I want to cook through as many recipes as I can!)

What I Froze for Future Me:

Healthy pumpkin muffins (Wholesome Recipe Box)

Pasta e fagioli with sausage (Good Housekeeping Family Italian Cookbook

Protein cookie dough cup (Fit Foodie Finds)

Snickers protein bar (Fit Foodie Finds)

No comments:

Post a Comment