Friday, December 27, 2019

Afghan 58: Better Late Than Never!

Yes, it's been over a year, but I finally finished another afghan. Just a few life things have happened since a year ago, and I've also continued to battle dystonia. But by God's grace, and with His help, I finished this one:



This blanket was a very special one, for my niece born earlier this year. The pattern was the easy mesh stitch (wide crochet variety) from Mama in a Stitch, and the yarn was Mainstays soft pink (bought at Wal-Mart). 

I intended this to be a fast work pattern, but it turned out to be slow, resulting in a final size of only about 30 x 32 inches. I struggles to keep the edges even, too, so I had to do some patch work. I ended up creating a scalloped edge (chain 6 and single crochet) to cover that. But oh well. It's done, made with love and gifted to my niece for Christmas. I hope she enjoys it as her years progress.

Tell me. Have you crocheted a mesh stitch before? If so, how did it go? Please comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment