Friday, April 10, 2020

Real Life Marriage: Things I Never Expected



Photo by Sharon Lane

In our first ten months of marriage, I never expected...

...Marriage to be so hard.
...Marriage to expose so much of my selfishness.
...To move hours away from my family.
...To buy a house.
...To change jobs.
...To have the honeymoon period wear off and yet still love so much it hurts.
...To have my identity change.
...To let go of so many things that used to matter so much.
...To have amazing best friends, but yet find my husband really is becoming my bestest friend.
...To be living through a pandemic.

We are healthy and well today, and for that, we praise God. And I am thankful. For all the hard times, and the good times. To be with my person, even if it is cooped up in a house. That we got married last year instead of this year. For a God who knew everything that would happen on this earth before it all begin. We stand in awe of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment