Thursday, May 24, 2018

Partner Up (Or Not!)


I may live in the Wild West, but I really dislike the term "partner." (I'd say "hate," but that might be too strong.) I get that calling a romantic counterpart a "partner" is the politically and socially correct thing to do, but I don't like it. I don't want a partner.

When I think of the word partner, I think of a business relationship. I think of a relationship that can be interrupted, swapped, or up-changed. It's temporary. It's changeable. I don't want that. I want a husband, a mate, a long-term commitment. Marriage is hard work and it's supposed to be "'til death do us part." For Christians, it's supposed to imitate Christ and the church (Ephesians 5). That's serious business.

So partner up all you want, but I'm holding out for a long term mate. Maybe it's for a season, maybe it's for life. We'll see....

No comments:

Post a Comment