Sunday, June 16, 2019

Dear Daddy, I Still Love You.


Dear Dad,

Six days ago, you "gave me away." I wore a white dress and you wore a suit to walk me down the aisle. At the aisle's end, you answered the pastor's questions, put my hand in the hand of my future husband and sat down. And at that moment, you gave one of the greatest gifts you've ever given. But you've given me so many gifts before that, gifts I want to honor and mention here:

  • The gift of presence
  • The gift of providing for our family
  • The gift of hard work
  • The gift of mechanical knowledge
  • The gift of hugs and cuddles and love
  • The gift of support
  • The gift of encouragement
  • The gift of prayer
  • The gift of spiritual leadership
  • The gift of accountability
  • The gift of modeling a Christlike marriage
  • The gift of accepting Chris and treating him like family when he came into my life
Dear Daddy, I still love you. My love and allegiance may look different now, but you're still an important part of my life, and I'm so thankful for you. Thanks for being you. Thanks for loving me. Thanks for being my dad.

Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment