Monday, August 22, 2022

The Significance of Sunrise

I have always enjoyed sunrises. Sunrises came to have special significance for me that summer I hiked South Mountain almost every Saturday. My mom and I started exchanging sunrise photos via text that year. I made a book of sunrise photos for family members for Christmas. Recently, my dad has made sunrise photo texts a group endeavor. That has made sunrises even more special.

I enjoy catching sunrise for many reasons. They are beautiful. They remind me that each day is new. They remind me that God's compassions are new every morning (Lam 3:22-23). They remind me that clouds don't always mean darkness. They remind me that beauty can come after pain that light can break through darkness. I see sunrises as God's canvas, both to display his beauty, and to teach me his truths.

Different things have different significances for different people. Sunrises are my thing, my family's thing. I am thankful for them!

--

Readers, what has special significance to you? Please share in the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment