Friday, December 30, 2016

God is the Ancient of Days.

In reading Revelation, I ponder the horrors of things to come and wonder when the end of the world will eventually arrive. But then I read about the "ancient paths" in Jeremiah 6:16 and remember that I need to follow God here and now, regardless of what is to come. It's good to remember that God is before all things, in all things, and in all things to come. He is both Ancient of Days and everlasting.

Psalm 24:7
Lift up your heads, you gates; be lifted up, you ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in.

Psalm 68:33
To him who rides across the highest heavens, the ancient heavens, who thunders with mighty voice.

Psalm 119:52
I remember, Lord, your ancient laws, and I find comfort in them.

Isaiah 43:13
Yes, and from ancient days I am he. No one can deliver out of my hand. When I act, who can reverse it?

Isaiah 46:10
I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say, "My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please."

Isaiah 64:4
Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides you, who acts on behalf of those who wait for him.

Jeremiah 6:16
This is what the Lord says: “Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls."


No comments:

Post a Comment