Monday, October 26, 2020

Celebrating National Pumpkin Day

Yeah, I have a thing with pumpkin. I don't remember exactly how it started, but I seem to remember it starting with a roommate's scrumptious pumpkin chocolate chip muffins one fall long ago. Sometime after, I started buying pumpkin, lots of it. I like to see it as a pantry staple. Or maybe it's just a sanity staple because I like it so much.... 

Normally October is my pumpkin month and my recipe round-up comes November 1st. But I just realized that today, October 26th is NATIONAL PUMPKIN DAY! Cue all the pumpkin stuff now!

Pumpkin carving














Pumpkin coincidences





















Pumpkin commitments


Gratitude pumpkins (Coffee and Carpool)

Pumpkin cozies


(Okie Girl Bling 'N Things pattern)

Pumpkin couple dates













And yeah, the recipes, albeit a few less this year due to the (not) pumpkin shortage:

Easy pumpkin chili (Erin Lives Whole) and whole wheat pumpkin cornbread (The Baker Mama)























































Spiced pumpkin vinaigrette (Daring Gourmet)


Plus a few of my own creations:

Pumpkin hot chocolate

Chocolate apple pumpkin peanut butter baked oatmeal



Chocolate pumpkin protein overnight oatmeal

Cocoa pumpkin baked oatmeal










Any other pumpkin lovers out there? Please share your favorites with pumpkin in the comments section!



No comments:

Post a Comment