Thursday, May 5, 2022

34.

My goal last year was to live. Seeing that I have made it another year, I guess I did that in a physical sense. In mental, emotional, and relational senses, though, I feel like I have just survived. Living, to me, means savoring and enjoying life in the moment, in the present. That has been few and far between.

As COVID restrictions have lifted, we did get to do a few more activities outside the house this past year:

We vacationed.

I ran two 10Ks, one away from home, and one in my hometown.

We went on a whirlwind weekend trip to Wisconsin.

My best friend and her husband came and hung out with us.

We visited Washington for Christmas.

I treasure these moments, even if I did not fully live in them. They have been bright spots, when on-between, most days, I struggled. 

I have my gratitude lists. I have my husband. I have Jesus. That are more than enough. Jesus himself is more than enough, because in and through Him, I have eternal life. I need to focus on that more. May that be my goal as I live out year 34!

No comments:

Post a Comment