Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Resolutions for This Time


I wrote these resolutions back in 2020, during my first bout with the COVID-19 virus. I based them on the John Piper book (2011), Don't Waste Your Cancer, and Jonathan Edwards' 65 resolutions. I have kept them posted on my bulletin board to remind myself to keep perspective when things do not go my way, particularly during illness. As my household, and many others, I gather, have faced illness again this Christmas, it seems appropriate to share these resolutions here:

Resolutions For This Time

1. Recognize my need (for The Savior).
2. Repent of known sins. (Resolve to avoid additional sins.)
3. Read the Bible daily. (Study some.)
4. Fulfill responsibilities (marriage, work, house, home, etc.)
5. Slow down/spend time (Reduce injury; build relationship).
6. Worship instead of worry. (Give thanks.)
7. Eat good food. (In general, just eat).
8. Keep to sleep. (Go to bed on time.)
9. Grieve (recognizing that any losses are temporal and not eternal).
10. Have fun (yoga, games, movies etc.).

If you are healthy, may you stay well.
If you are ill, may you rest.
May you heal.
May you make the most of this time,
because sick or not,
it is time we won't get back.

References:

Edwards, J. (2006). The resolutions of Jonathan Edwards. Desiring God. https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/the-resolutions-of-jonathan-edwards

Piper, J. (2011). Don't waste your cancer. Crossway.

No comments:

Post a Comment