Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Summer in Arizona

Summer is my favorite season. Why? There's sun and heat and hiking and good eats and so much more. I've written plenty of serious posts lately, so I thought I'd use today to give you a taste of what it's like to summer in Arizona.



Fire. Be fire-wise in Arizona, but also be forewarned that fires are part of our lives. They serve their purpose in clearing out death and decay, but they are also very dangerous. This fire was close to our home, but thankfully got put out quickly.




The rodeo.



And the rodeo parade. We have the World's Oldest Rodeo in Prescott, and going to it each year is a major tradition in my family.


Hiking. The lakes are low, but they are still beautiful.




Concerts. No, I'm not a King and Country roadie, but I have seen them twice this year.


Sunrises.



And sunsets. Days are long and hot here in the summer, but the mornings and evenings make it all worth it.


Cantaloupe. A refreshing treat on hot days.



And cookouts. Because why cook inside when you can leave the heat outdoors?



Fourth of July. We had no fireworks this year due to the drought, but I had my own two candles to celebrate year two in Arizona.

Monsoons look like they're starting to come. They aren't my favorite, but we do need the moisture.

Summers in Arizona are no doubt kind of crazy, but that's the way things go. There's a reason I call my Instagram My Arizona Adventure! Life is an adventure, and I'm thankful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment