Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Even If...


Life has been a bit of a muddle lately. I have had long days at work, relationship struggles, crisis calls, and the accident. I've dealt with late nights, short sleeps, paperwork up the wazoo, and feeling completely overwhelmed. This week my hand has been acting up and I have felt emotionally dysregulated. Today, I got the call that the damage to my car is worse than they thought and my dad says to prepare myself that it may be totaled. I would be bummed if that was the case. We are leaving for a quick family trip tomorrow to celebrate Mom's birthday and I feel ill-prepared and ill-equipped to appropriately celebrate.

But I keep think thinking:

Even if work is hard...
Even if the worst happens...
Even if friendships fail...
Even if my health conditions cause pain and make life difficult...
Even if my car is totaled...
Even if I don't feel safe or sane...
Even if don't have the level of joy I think I should...

...God's still on the throne and He's carrying me, all the way through this life and into the next.

What are you facing, friends? A difficult job? A decision that needs to be made, but options that don't seem right? A terminal diagnosis? Being let down by someone you love? The loss of a treasured possession?

If you believe in Jesus for salvation, God's with you, too. He's got you. We're in this together. Even if...

No comments:

Post a Comment