Thursday, August 2, 2018

Shook


I got rear-ended yesterday. I was at a standstill and so was the truck behind me. The car behind the truck never stopped and jammed all of us into each other. My car got damaged, but I was able to get off the road. I was physically fine. I was thankful.

But I was honestly kind of a mess after the accident. I was overwhelmed with trying to go to insurance, report the incident at work, cover missed appointments, etc. I was worried. I was upset that my plans for the work day got ruined. I knew I needed to go to Urgent Care for whiplash, and I didn't want to. I griped.

After the Urgent Care visit. I was able to go home and finish paperwork and then go for a walk to think. On that walk, my head started to clear. I realized that some good things came out of this incident. The truck between the cause of the accident and my car broke the impact and saved me and my passenger potentially serious injuries. I've been trying to make friends here, and that day two of my more recent friends showed their true colors and offered me care, concern, and support. Dad helped me with my car and Mom helped me with medical stuff. I realized how much my family suffers with me when I hurt, and they willingly do this because they love me. Work showed me that they care more about more than my productivity. I cannot deny that I felt scared and angry and alone at times that day, but I know that gratitude needs to be the attitude of my spirit

I'm shook and I've still gotta walk the long road to getting my car fixed, but I am okay. God is unshakeable and this accident did not escape His notice. He was clearly present in and around it. Praise Him.



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your perspective on this. I had almost the exact some thing happen to me last week (rear ended at low speed on my way to work). No damage and no need to do all the paperwork as our cars and we were fine. So grateful that I didn't have that to worry with. I did however, try to go on to work like a goofball and realized once I got there that I needed to not be there lol...my head was a mess. Shook...perfect way to describe it. I was so grateful though for the limited interference it caused me in the grand scheme of things. Also, nobody hurt. I have commuted 1 hour each way to work for 5 years, so I honestly feel like I am lucky that this is the first "accident" I have ever been in.
    Prayers that you heal quickly physically with no residual problems! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you weren't seriously hurt, although accidents are always stressful and take time to work through all the things that need to be done afterwards. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete