Friday, February 25, 2022

Friday Fun (Last One!)

Is it the last Friday in February? Already? Yes, I guess it is. This little experiment of mine went fast. It's been helpful though, to recognize fun. As the month is ending, I am asking myself why things are fun, and how I might incorporate more such activities into my life. With as much sorrow and struggle as there is in this life, there always seems to be room for more fun, not to take away the sadness, but to add some levity, because we have to stay afloat to survive. Also, as Ben Stuart shared on a recent podcast I heard, "If you don’t prioritize positive fun, the enemy will always introduce destructive fun.” I don't want any more destruction. There is already enough of that in the world. I want to build myself up. I want to build others up. Fun is necessary for this. God doesn't make accidents. He does things on purpose, so if we can have good, clean, healthy fun, let's do it!

Fun for this week:

Celebrating-My mom pointed out that I like to celebrate everything. Yes, I guess I do, because it's FUN!

Cooking from cookbooks

Curating our own assortment of herbal teas

Making more (yes, even more!) mug cakes

"Playing tennis" with my husband (we don't really play games, we just well, play) 

Scouring stores for new Reese's varieties (see my post from last week)

--

As I review my list, I notice themes of celebration, creation, and newness. I live a very structured life (on purpose), but fun provides a little adventure now and again (hence the name of my Instagram account). Life isn't all about fun, but fun does make me a little more about life, and that's worth doing. So here's to fun, and having more of it, blogged about, or not!

Reference:

Downs, A. F. (Host) (2022, January 27). Ben Stuart + Rest & War [Audio podcast episode]. That Sounds Fun. https://www.anniefdowns.com/podcast/episode-360-ben-stuart-rest-war/

No comments:

Post a Comment