Friday, February 18, 2022

Friday Fun (Edition 3)

Thoughts on fun for the week:

“It turns out, being myself is far more freeing and far more fun" (Wong, 2021).

“The peace that comes from having fun inside God’s will is far better" (Camp, 2013).

And specific to some of my fun this week:

“Running is hard but doing hard things is fun. We learn. We grow. We get stronger" (Derby, 2022).

“It’s supposed to be hard. If it was easy, everyone would do it (Tom Hanks, as cited in Q, 2022).

My fun for the week:

Mesa Marathon 10K

Touting my race swag (cup, tank, and socks) around all day


Completing the monthly baking challenge from Sally's Baking Challenge with my husband


Making breakfast tacos again for dinner Sunday night (though I know we need to Sabbath more...)

Some of you may have seen my Instagram photo, but my husband likes Reese's and were trying to find and taste test as many Reese's products as we can

--

Readers, please feel free to share your recent fun in the comments section!

References:

Camp, J., with Thomas, D. (2013). I still believe: A Memoir. Tyndale House.

Derby. S. [@steph.derby_fitness]. (2022, February 13). Mesa 13.1 [Instagram photograph]. Retrieved from https://www.instagram.com/p/CZ4t8MUppIW/

Q., L. [@ontherunfit]. (2022, February 10). “It's supposed to be hard. If it were easy, everyone would do it.” -Tom Hanks. [Instagram photograph]. Retrieved from https://www.instagram.com/p/CZ15JsdL_bB/?utm_medium=copy_link

Wong, H. (2021). How (not) to save the world: The Truth about revealing God's love to the people next to you. W Publishing Group: An Imprint of Thomas Nelson.






No comments:

Post a Comment