Monday, September 16, 2024

Afghan 81


By God's grace, afghan 81! This blanket was supposed to be done in chunky yarn, but of course, I  used regular yarn. That made it take a little longer. I chained 120 to start, and even then it still ended up a bit small. The extended single crochet stitch in the blanket was a new one for me, though. Figuring out the stitch was a win! I carried the yarn instead of cutting it each time, and in the end, the blanket shows a few mistakes. Hopefully it will still bless the dreams of some baby, though!

Hook: size J Boye ergonomic crochet hook

Yarn:

Caron simply soft white

Mainstays red

Pattern: 

Dreamweaver blanket (Crochet Dreamz)

Finished size: 25 x 40 inches (larger than the pattern, but partially due to the fact that I extended my rows to make the last gray and white chunks of color match in size).

No comments:

Post a Comment