Monday, May 20, 2024

Afghan 80

How have I gotten to 80 afghans? I've been crocheting since sixth grade (and making baby afghans shortly thereafter). That's how!

This blanket was of medium difficulty. It combined double crochet and single crochet stitches, as well as some front and back post work. I had a little trouble keeping the edges even. (In the end, though, who notices?) The blanket also curled some, which I see now in the pattern, I could have taken some steps to fix, but I will attempt to correct via blocking. I changed colors at alternate times, making color chunks of various size, which I quite like. All in all, I liked the way this turned out: thick, and dense, with some texture that hopefully baby will love!

Hook: size J Boye ergonomic crochet hook

Yarn:

I Love This Yarn! turquoise

Red Heart soft white

Red Heart light gray

Pattern: Alpine blanket (Yarn Hook Needle)

Finished size: 32 x 53 inches (larger than the pattern, but partially due to the fact that I extended my rows to make the last gray and white chunks of color match in size).

No comments:

Post a Comment