Monday, March 13, 2017

30 Days of Oatmeal: Cinnamon Vanilla + Oreo Butter

The Oatmeal Artist is a huge proponent of using PB2 to make oatmeal toppings. I've never purchased PB2, however, and I don't plan to do so. PB2 takes all the good stuff out, like fat and protein. Fat and protein are the reasons I started eating peanut butter in the first place!

Anyway, I digress. I went with a simple cinnamon vanilla base for this porridge so as to accentuate the peanut butter topping.


I didn't expect the cocoa peanut butter to taste like Oreo, but man, did it? This little bit of chocolate on top of my porridge made my night!

Ingredients for the porridge:


1/2 c quick cooking oats
1 c water
1 t cinnamon
1 t vanilla


Ingredients for the Oreo butter:


2 T natural peanut butter
2 t dark cocoa powder
1 t vanilla
Enough water to make the mixture spreadable (about 1 T)


Directions:



1. Bring the oats and water to a boil and reduce heat to medium.
2. When oats reach the desired consistency, stir in the cinnamon and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the Oreo butter ingredients until thoroughly combined.

4. Pour the cinnamon vanilla porridge into a bowl and top with the Oreo butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment