Tuesday, March 7, 2017

30 Days of Oatmeal: Vanilla Nutmeg Pear Oatmeal

In my pursuit of 30 Days of Oatmeal, here's another recipe:

To be honest, it wasn't my favorite. I find pears just a bit bland, and they don't soak into the oatmeal the way applesauce or stewed apples do. I didn't like the crunchiness of the chopped almonds, either. I would have rather had nut butter. Nonetheless, there are people who are immensely fond of pears and chopped nuts, and perhaps this recipe will suit their fancy.


Ingredients:



1/2 c quick cooking oats
1 c water
1/2 D'anjou pear, diced
1 t vanilla extract
Dash of nutmeg
Chopped almonds for topping


Directions:



1. Bring oats, pear, and water to a boil and reduce heat to medium.
2. When pear is tender and oats reach the desired consistency, stir in the vanilla and a heavy dash of nutmeg.
3. Transfer oatmeal to a bowl and top with chopped almonds.

No comments:

Post a Comment