Friday, March 3, 2017

30 Days of Oatmeal: Curried Coconut

In honor of my curried peanut butter oatmeal the other night, and in memory of the curried pumpkin basil oats featured on The Oatmeal Artist, I've developed another savory and sweet recipe!



Here, I once again mixed applesauce into the oatmeal, but I added curry, cinnamon, and ginger for a little extra cook. Coconut milk is a standard ingredient in curry recipes, but since I didn't have any, I added coconut as a topping. The crisp flakes paired nicely with the smooth porridge. And don't forget the sea salt on top of this oatmeal! It really brings out and melds the savory and sweet flavors.


Ingredients:


1/2 c quick cooking oats
1 c water
1/4 c applesauce
1 t curry powder
1/4 t cinnamon (plus more for topping)
1/4 t ginger
Sea salt
1 T coconut flakes


Directions:


1. In a small saucepan, bring oats and water to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low.
2. When oats reach desired consistency, stir in applesauce and spices.
3. Transfer oats to a bowl and top with seat salt and more cinnamon. Pile coconut flakes on top.



No comments:

Post a Comment