Saturday, March 25, 2017

30 Days of Oatmeal: Chocolate Pumpkin Trifle

You may have noticed that I like pumpkin. You may have also noticed that I post very few overnight oats recipes. I'm cold natured, so I prefer hot oats. But in the interest of variety, here's an overnight recipe for you.



I was inspired in this recipe by pumpkin pie protein oats from Amy's Healthy Baking and the chocolate pumpkin cornbread layer cake by Marla Meridith. And let me tell you, this recipe has it all: fudgy chocolate, custardy pumpkin, and sweet apple. These oats make a great on-the-go breakfast or snack!


Ingredients:


6 T quick cooking oats, divided
1/2 c pumpkin, divided
1/4 c applesauce
1/4 t vanilla
1 t cocoa powder
1/4 t cinnamon
1/4 t pumpkin pie spice


Directions:


1. In a small bowl, combine 2 T oats, 1/4 c pumpkin, 1/4 t cinnamon, and 1 t cocoa powder. Layer in bottom of a mason jar.
2. Wash out the bowl and combine 2 T oats, 1/4 c pumpkin, and 1/4 t pumpkin pie spice. Add to jar.
3. Wash out bowl and combine 2 T oats, 1/4 c applesauce, and 1/4 t vanilla. Add to jar.
4. Refrigerate oats overnight and enjoy in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment