Wednesday, March 15, 2017

30 Days of Oatmeal: Pizza Parfait

 Are you a fan of cold leftover pizza for breakfast? Some are. Some aren’t. I’d probably put myself in the later category.
The Oatmeal Artist has a great pizza porridge recipe, but I wanted to go a bit different. I wanted a quick, on-the-go, savory version. So I went parfait style.



This recipe tastes exactly like a piece of cold cheese pizza, a good piece of cheese pizza-the kind that comes from a pizzeria, not a pizza chain. The spices I added tasted right for me, but feel free to adjust them to your own personal taste.

Ingredients:


½ c quick cooking oats, divided
½ c tomato sauce*, divided
½ c plain yogurt (I used Mountain High Dairy’s whole milk yoghurt**)
¼ t dried basil
¼ t dried oregano
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Sea salt

Directions:


1. Mix together ¼ c oats, ¼ c tomato sauce, and ¼ t oregano. Layer in the bottom of a one cup jar.
2. Add a layer of ¼ c yogurt, topped with a sprinkle of garlic powder and sea salt.
3. Mix together ¼ c oats, ¼ c tomato sauce, and ¼ t basil. Layer in jar.
4. Add another layer of ¼ c yogurt, topped with a sprinkle of onion powder and sea salt.
5. Refrigerate overnight, or for at least eight hours.


*I used home-canned tomato sauce, which can be runnier than store-bought. Adjust liquid amounts as needed.

**Use whole milk yogurt for best flavor. Low-fat or fat-free yogurt will be runnier and have less flavor.



No comments:

Post a Comment