Tuesday, March 28, 2017

30 Days of Oatmeal: Pumpkin Pie and Gingered Applesauce


The Oatmeal Artist has made quite a few swirl recipes, so I decided to try my hand at developing a swirl bowl for myself. In my bowl, I combined pumpkin pie and gingered applesauce.


Let me tell you, I am a fan! Creamy pumpkin custard plus warm, sweet gingered apple? Mmm! This may be a fall-ish recipe, but I argue that you can enjoy it anytime.


Ingredients:


1/2 c quick cooking oats
1 c water
1/4 c pumpkin puree
1/4 t pumpkin pie spice
1/4 t cinnamon
1/4 c applesauce
1/4 t ginger
1/4 t vanilla

Directions:


1. In a small sauce pan, combine oats and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low.
2. When oats reach desired consistency, separate oats into two pans. Into one pan, add the pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon. Into the other pan, add the applesauce, ginger, and vanilla.
3. Stir oats until all ingredients are mixed and warm.
4. Transfer oats to a bowl, making sure to keep sides separated. (I used a silicone spatula for this purpose.)
5. Swirl the flavors together and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment