Wednesday, March 31, 2021

All the Things With Beans


Remember when I bought that 50 pound bag of black beans? If you follow me on Instagram, you probably saw the picture I posted with what looked like a sack of dog food. Well, we finally finished it off. (To be transparent, we slowed our consumption of black beans considerably as other foods became available, especially as I tired of eating black beans in my lunch salads every day). But we sure made a ton of things with that 50 pound bag of beans. I tried to record all the recipes we completed, but probably missed a few, so without further adieu, the list we have:

Entrees and mains:

Barbecue black bean pizza (Budget Bytes)

BBQ bean sliders (Budget Bytes)





















Side dishes:



(See my riff on the recipe here.)

Soups:




Uses for just plain beans:

-As filler in recipes (to stretch meat)
-As pizza topping
-In chicken and rice bowls
-In salads
-In dinner wraps (with fresh pico de gallo and sour cream)
-To give away (Yes, we did some of this, too!)
-As decoration (My husband has a cup of beans to hold all of his pencils and pens at his desk.)

*I noted recipes that we repeated, or were worth re-peating with an asterisk. We could probably make a lot more recipes with black beans, but after 50 pounds, we might take a break, at least a little one.
--
Any recipes you would like to try from this list? Do you have any favorite black bean dishes? Please feel free to share in the comments section.

2 comments: