Wednesday, June 19, 2024

My Cruise Packing List


Having been on a few cruises before, I thought I knew what to pack for our cruise. I think I did a bit better at taking what I needed and not what I didn't, but I still think my packing lists could use a bit of refining. In a twist on my weekly menu list, here's what I packed, what I used and what I didn't, and as a bonus, what I would pack for next time:

What I Packed-

Apparel:

A dress a day (seriously the best cruise attire, both on the boat and on shore)
A cardigan (one is plenty, but needed onboard ship when it gets cold)Beach hat
Belt bag
Clear Propel sling bag (great for days on the catamarans where things could get wet)
Headbands/sweatbands (to hold back hair during humid workouts)
Robe (or warm pajamas-our state room was cold!)
Sailing bag (for toting stuff around the ship)
Seabands (to help with nausea)
Sunglasses
Swimsuit
Swimsuit cover-up
Socks (1.5 times the number of days away, as for some reason, I always end up needing extra pairs)
Windbreaker (to combat cool ocean breezes

Documents:

Credit card
Passport

Entertainment:

Books (downloaded on my phone)
Chargers for devices
Crochet (a good activity to do while waiting for shows)
Laptop (which I used for devotional journaling and daily downloading and organizing of photos)
Travel Scrabble

Food:

Empty water bottles
Ginger
Granola
Granola bars
Peanuts
Protein bars

Medicine*:

Advil
Alka seltzer
Aquaphor
Bandaids
Papaya enzymes
Pepto bismal
Nuun
Tylenol
Vitamin C packets

*Thankfully, we did not need to use any of this, but I will always want to take it, just in case.

Toiletries and grooming:

Deodorant
Chapstick
Clippers
Conditioner
Comb (especially helpful for wind-tangled hair!)
Face sunscreen 
Hair ties (I have short hair, but really needed to pull my hair back due to said wind)
Hand sanitizer
Perfume (Just because I enjoy it!)
Straightener
Sunscreen (and lots of it!)
Sunscreen chapstick 

Things I packed, but did not use:

Crossword (Books and crochet kept me occupied)
Extra pair of sandals (not needed since freestyle dining meant any type of clothes--even a coverup over a swimsuit) worked for dinner
Hair smoothing cream (No one really cared about my hair)
Makeup (I did not wear it at all!)
Paper Bible (My phone app was more convenient)

Thing I used, but did not need:

Beach towels (the cruise ship does allow checkout for shore days)
Fanny pack (used, but another bag I brought would have also worked)
Visor (one hat was enough)

Future cruise packing list:

Clothespins for the bathroom clothes line
Lotion (not provided in the bathroom toiletry dispensers) 
More workout clothes (A set a day? I sweat a lot in the humidity!)
Overnight bag (if we want the ship to take off luggage the last night)
Towel clips (I saw people use these, and they really helped keep towels on the loungers for more comfort
Ziploc bags (for taking bread back to the room, food from the buffet, containing wet swimsuits etc.)

Lanyard for my cabin card (somehow I forgot that they don't give this to us)

No comments:

Post a Comment