I set out this month with a goal of having LESS of a scarcity mindset. I wanted to focus on enjoying what I have instead of trying to nickel and dime save everything for some unknown date in the future. It's something I have really struggled with, and let me tell you, the Lord really did a work in me this month. It's not that I did not experience the scarcity mindset, but that the Lord opened my eyes to see the piles of blessings that I have. I can see. I can hear. I can taste. I can touch. I can smell. I can walk. And this month, I got to return to running.
I got to focus this month LESS on scarcity and more on abundance. I noticed that I really had enough time to do special things (not all the things, but the special, priority things). God provided enough money for us to help some others. In the midst of really busy, stressful seasons for both my husband and I, we found margin to get away and enjoy the great outdoors and time with each other.
It was not a perfect month. That's for sure. We had days we did not feel well. Internet issues interfered with our ability to work from home (as well as do other tasks of life). We found out we once again need to buy a new refrigerator (as well as a new dishwasher). But you know what? God was enough, more than enough. As Niro Feliciano writes in This Book Won't Make You Happy, “What we often miss is that God allows us to be content right now, in this moment, because the presence of God is enough.” This month was a giant lesson in that.
Reference:
Feliciano, N. (2022) This book won't make you happy: Eight keys to finding true contentment. Broadleaf Books.

No comments:
Post a Comment