Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Valentine's Day 2024

In the past, I haven't been a big fan of Valentine's Day. Its' a commercial holiday. I think it can promote guilt, especially for men. This year, though, I took a different tact. I decided to celebrate for all its worth, not necessarily in a commercial way that cost a lot, but more in a cute-sy, "we need something to celebrate" way. 

[I must confess that Gretchen Rubin's (2015, 2016) "happy habits" inspired me.]

I made some heart cup cozies for pink morning smoothies.

Breakfast was a no bake protein cookie with some heart candy decorations.


Snacks are life around here, so I found some cute food Valentine's Day food puns and put them on snacks in heart shaped boxes.

This was my gift to my husband.


I made a grilled cheese for dinner with some red sun dried tomatoes in it.

We had red velvet cupcakes for dessert.



He got me some flowers and chocolate.

Was the day cheesy? Yes. Did it include some corny humor? Yes. But laughing is good for us (Mayo Clinic, 2023)! (And at this point, my husband either accepts my cheesiness or puts up with it. Either way, he's stuck with it!)

References:

Mayo Clinic. (2023, September 22). Stress relief from laughter? It's no joke. https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/stress-management/in-depth/stress-relief/art-20044456

Rubin, G. (2015, February 18). A happy habit: Celebrating Valentine's breakfast (as pictured). Medium. https://medium.com/@gretchenrubin/a-happy-habit-celebrating-valentine-s-breakfast-as-pictured-61f2edb49029

Rubin, G. (2016, February 14). A favorite Valentine's Day tradition that I can't observe this year. Gretchen Rubin. https://gretchenrubin.com/articles/a-favorite-valentines-day-tradition-that-i-cant-observe-this-year/

--

Did anyone else go all out on Valentine's Day this year? Please share what you did (or didn't, that's fine too), in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment